Rock Church Statement of Faith
1. That the holy bible is the word of God and consists of 39 books of the old testament and 27 books of the new testament; it is the inspired word of God. We take the bible as the final authority on all matters concerning Christian conduct (2 Timothy 3:16; Revelation 22:18-19).
2. That the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit constitute the Trinity of the Godhead.
3. That the Great Commission, by evangelism and discipleship, is a God-given and God-ordained ministry for every believer to be a compassionate and faithful soul winner, bringing others to Christ (Matthew 28:19-20; Mark 16:15; Luke 24:46-49; John 17:18; Acts 1:8, 1:4; Psalms 126:5-6; Proverbs 30; Ezekiel 3:17-21).
4. That baptism in the Holy Spirit with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues, which is not to be taught but as the Spirit gives the utterance is a gift promised to all the true disciples. And that walking in righteousness and living in holiness precedes power and the manifestation of gifts and signs that follow (Matthew 3:11; 1:8; Luke 3:16, 24:49; John 1:30-33; Romans 14:1-40; Hebrews 2:4).
5. That Christ is the Head of the Church and Supreme Authority of the Church which is delegated to the apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors, teachers, deacons and elders (Exodus 3:16, 19:7-8; Numbers 11:6, 24, 25; Matthew 21:23; Philippians 1:1; Ephesians 4:4-12; 1 Timothy 3:8-13; Acts 6:1-7, 14:23, 15:2, 4, 6, 20:17; Titus 1:5; James 5:14).
6. That Jesus Christ was born of a virgin, the only begotten Son of God, the sinless God-man, the sacrificial death by crucifixion, the ascension, rapture, tribulation, and the second coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and His millennial reign on the Earth with the saints (Isaiah 7:14; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 1 Thessalonians 4:18).
7. That the heart of man is deceitful above all things and it is desperately wicked, whereby repentance is a great necessity as it is turning away from all sins and its deceitful pleasure under the grace of God (Jeremiah 5:17-19; Proverbs 28:13; Isaiah 55:7; Ezekiel 18:21-23; Luke 24:46-47; Acts 2:38).
8. That believers have the responsibility to stand for Christ in all circumstances and respond as directed by the Holy Spirit to the socio-political realities of their countries, states, and cities (Genesis 1:29-30; 2 Chronicles 7:14, Ezekiel 22:29-31).
9. That reconciliation with God is mandatory as man fell short of the grace of God in Eden as a result of disobedience in that through one man, the first Adam, sin, and death entered the Earth and through the second Adam, Jesus Christ, forgiveness and life came for mankind so every man is reconciled back to God by the death of Jesus Christ. Thereby, committing the completed work of reconciliation to everyone that believes in Him.
10. That restitution is making amends for wrongdoing against our fellow men; restoring stolen things to their rightful owners, paying debts, giving back where one has defrauded, making confessions to the offended, and apologizing to those slandered so as to have a conscience void of offense toward God and man (Genesis 20; 8; Exodus 22:1-7; Luke 19:8-9; Acts 23:1-5; Acts 24:10; James 4:17-5:6).
11. That justification is the act of God's grace whereby one receives forgiveness and remission of sin and becomes counted righteous before God through faith in the atoning blood of Jesus, standing before God as though one had never sinned (Psalms 32:2; Isaiah 1:18; Micah 7:19; John 3:3-8; 1 Peter 1:23; 2 Corinthians 5:17-21).
12. That the two church ordinances of baptism by immersion in water and the Lord's supper must be practiced in Rock Church Ministries ( Matthew 28:19; 3:13-17; Mark 16:15-16; Acts 2:38; Acts 8:28; Romans 6:4-5; Matthew 26:26-29; Luke 22:17-20).
13. That the redemption from the curse of the law, healing of sicknesses and diseases as well as continued health is provided for all people through the sacrificial death of our Lord Jesus Christ (Exodus 13:26; Deuteronomy 7:15; Psalms 103:1-5; Proverbs 4:20-22; 3 John 2; Galatians 3:13-14; 1 John 3:8; Acts 10:38; James 4:14-16; 1 Peter 2:24; Mark 16:15-18; Luke 13:16). This is without prejudice to medical science.
14. That marriage is binding for life, monogamy is the uniform teaching of the Bible, and polygamy is contrary to God's perfect way and institution. The Bible forbids a believer from marrying an unbeliever, divorce is not allowed in the scripture except for fornication (Genesis 2:24; Deuteronomy 7:1-4; Romans 7:2-3; Ephesians 5:31-33; Matthew 5:31-32; Mark 10:2-12; Luke 16:18; Genesis 20:2-7).
15. That tithes and offerings are obligatory for all true disciples (Genesis 14:17-20; 28:22; Hebrews 7:1-10; Leviticus 27:30, 2 Corinthians 2:1-5; 2 Chronicles 31:5; Malachi 3:8-12; Luke 21:1-4; Acts 4:34-35; Luke 6:38).
16. That all the scriptural teachings about the end-times, the rapture of the saints, the resurrection of the dead, the tribulation, the Great White Throne Judgement, the marriage supper of the Lamb, the Advent of Christ, the millennial reign on earth with the saints, the new heaven and the new earth, hellfire as the place of doom for the devil and his demons and the unbelievers are true and shall surely come to pass (Phillipians 3:8-11; Revelation 20:4-6; Matthew 24:21, 22, 29; Revelation 19:10; Hosea 2:18; Zechariah 14:9-20; Revelation 20:2-3; 10-15; Revelation 21:1-7; Revelation 22:1-5; Psalms 9:17; Matthew 25:46; Revelation 14:10).
17. That every believer should live in unity and peace and that as much as possible disputes are settled according to biblical principles (Matthew 5:23).
18. That every believer should purpose in his heart to live in holiness and walk-in righteousness as a way of life on a daily basis (Hebrews 1:9; Joshua 3:5).